The first 'Hello World' sketch will scan for any tag. When it sees a tag it will sound the buzzer and light one of the onboard LEDs.
- Geekduino or other Arduino compatible microcontroller
- RFIDuino shield and antenna
- Micro USB cable for your Geekduino or cable for your Arduino compatible board
- A compatible RFID Tag -all tags on this page are compatible with the RFIDuino
- Connect your RFIDuino as shown.
- Load RFIDuino_helloworld1 onto your board. You can find this sketch under:
- Once loaded, leave your board connected to your computer for power
- Swipe any of your RFID tag across the antenna board.
- If everything is working properly, the buzzer will activate and the green light will flash
RFIDuino_helloworld1 is the most basic code to use the RFIDuino. The code will create an RFIDuino object
myrfid, and use it to run the
decodeTag function. This function looks for a tag swipe happening across the antenna. If this function is successful, it stores the data in an array and returns a
true signal. Once a tag swipe is detected, the buzzer and light are activated.
EXTRA CREDIT: Modify the program so that it turns on the Red LED instead of the green one.
Download Solution Files