This Arduino Linear Actuator Tutorial shows how to control a Firgelli linear actuator using an Arduino and stationary analog sensors. For this tutorial we use a slider and rotation knob for direct control of the linear actuators mapping absolute position from the sensors to the actuator position.
For Arduino Linear Actuator projects the small linear actuators by Firgelli are excellent. These linear actuators have an internal controller which allows them to be operated just like a servo. By using the Arduino Servo Library we can simply send out the desired position to the actuator and it moves to the position.
Other Recommended Arduino Linear Actuator Tutorials:
- Preset Position Button Control of a Large Linear Actuator
- Manual Button Control of a Large Linear Actuator
- Button Control of a Small Linear Actuator
- Incremental Joystick for Small Linear Actuator
- Direct Analog Control of Small Linear Actuator
Project Parts List:
|Device||Sensor Shield Port|
|100mm Linear Actuator (white/red/black cable)||Digital 9|
|50mm Linear Actuator (white/red/black cable)||Digital 10|
|RobotGeek Rotation Knob||Analog 0|
|RobotGeek Slider||Analog 1|
|PWM Voltage Jumpers on Sensor Shield||Both set to VIN|